Tuesday, September 25, 2007

TWO Poems


FULL THROTTLE

You are to me like gas to a car
But your taste I savor more by far
When I have a day thats a bit mean,
I think of all your other colors, red, blue, black and green.
On Fridays I count down the minutes until 3:10
So I can go to Southdale and get some then.
My Byerlys "5 finger discount" isn't truly real
But that can't stop the way I feel.
Your flavor is nothing but the best
When you're in my body you won't let me rest
You are better when cold and your can design will never get old
You cost a total of 60 nickles
and now i know I shouldnt mix you with pickles
Like a lollipop I savor your flavor
Doesn't matter if its now or later.
When I have you, time is like a runner,
races by and makes me wonder.
Even though you and I are tight,
I always wake up asking;
WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT??!




A Soldier's Feet


A soldier's feet,

Young and old

Each pair is a story told.


A soldier's feet

A courageous heart

Life and Death not far apart.


A soldier's feet

Broken and worn

With a heart bright but torn.


A soldier's feet

Cunning movement

With great surprise

their stories told with only their eyes.

2 comments:

Jordin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jordin said...

Full Throttle
1. The song is about the rush and power of energy drinks
2. the strongest line i think is
When I have you, time is like a runner,races by and makes me wonder
because it shows a good image.
3. The lines You are better when cold and your design will never get old are choppy.. they still have a good impact but if they were worded a little differently maybe it would go together better

A Soldier's Feet
1. This poem is about the rough and sad nature a man goes through
2. I really like the last few lines because it leaves a little bit of mystery.. it hints at the fact that besides being weary a soldier stil has his secrets and tragedies untold
3. the 3rd stanza is the weakest but its still good. The last line is a little rough

4. i like the soldiers feet one the best because it has more meaning